Payment Terms and Conditions
Credit Card Terms and Conditions1. These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Frank Energy's Standard Terms and Conditions for energy supply. Frank Energy may be referred to in these Terms and Conditions as "we" or "us". By registering an Authority with us you acknowledge that you have understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
2. We accept all major credit cards.
3. Credit card payment may not be available on all pricing plans.
4. We reserve the right to terminate any Authority and require you to pay your energy bill by an alternative method.
5. You may set up an Authority for a credit card which is not in the Frank Energy account holder's name, but the card holder must sign the Authority.
6. We may ask the credit card issuer to verify the signature provided on the Authority.
7. Your account must be current for this Authority to proceed. We can add payment of any overdue portion of your account to your first credit card payment, if you select that option on the Authority.
8. Payments will continue to be made in accordance with the Authority until you advise us otherwise. We will endeavour to cancel the Authority with immediate effect but there may be circumstances where we are unable to cancel the next payment scheduled.
9. Should your payment be dishonoured by your credit card issuer, we may charge you a dishonour fee.
10. We reserve the right to request a manual authorisation from your credit card issuer at any time.
11. You are responsible for updating your Authority details with us when your credit card expires.
12. You are responsible for updating your details when you change credit card issuers or receive a replacement credit card with a new card number. If you are a residential customer please contact us on 0800 086 400 to update your details. If you are a business customer please contact us on 0800 365 007 to update your details.
13. We will make any refunds to the credit card that was used to transact your payment.
14. We do not store credit card details in our billing system. We use a security company to validate all credit card transactions.
15. We reserve the right to charge a processing fee for credit card payments. Any additional fee will be specified in our schedule of special fees, available on our website.
Last updated: 23 November 2021
Direct Debit Terms and ConditionsIn these terms and conditions "initiator" means Frank Energy.
1. You agree that the direct debit authority is subject to the bank’s terms and conditions that relate to your account, and the specific terms and conditions listed below:
2. You may ask your bank to reverse a direct debit up to 120 calendar days after the debit if:
- you don’t receive a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit from the initiator, or
- you receive a written notice but the amount or the date of debiting is different from the amount or the date specified on the notice.
4. The initiator is required to give a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit in a series of direct debits no less than 10 calendar days before the date of the first direct debit in the series. The notice is to include:
- the dates of the debits; and
- the amount of each direct debit.
6. For customer-initiated payments, the initiator may only send a direct debit if you have:
- asked the initiator to send it; and
- agreed the amount of the direct debit.
8. If the bank dishonours a direct debit but the initiator sends the direct debit again within 5 business days of the dishonour, the initiator is not required to give you a second notice of the amount and date of the direct debit.
Last updated: 23 November 2021
ReliaBill Terms and ConditionsThe following terms and conditions apply to Customers using the ReliaBill payment option for their Frank Energy account. The ReliaBill payment option is made available to Customers for the purpose of standardising the payments for their annual energy costs.
1. Frank Energy will review a Customer’s ReliaBill payment arrangement at least once in a twelve month period to ensure that the regular payment amounts being made closely match the annual energy costs of the Customer. Such a review may result in the regular payment amount being adjusted so that it better reflects the Customer’s annual energy account cost.
2. If the ReliaBill payment amount is adjusted as per (1) above, Frank Energy will advise the Customer at least 10 working days prior to the new amount being taken from the Customer’s bank account.
3. Under ReliaBill Customers will build up credit balances in periods of low use to cover payment shortfalls in periods of higher use. Refunds of credit balances will only be made at Frank Energy's discretion at the annual review or end of the arrangement or at any other time if the balance retained is excessive to cover estimated energy costs.
4. Customers using ReliaBill are liable for all energy charges invoiced to them, irrespective of whether the regular payment amount paid through ReliaBill is sufficient to clear those charges in full.
5. Notwithstanding anything in the Customer’s direct debit authority form to the contrary, Customers wishing to cancel a ReliaBill arrangement must advise Energy Online at least 2 business days before the next regular payment amount is due to be deducted from their bank account. Otherwise, the cancellation will be effective from immediately after the next payment date.
6. Where the due date of a scheduled payment does not fall on a business day, then the payment will be deducted on the next business day.
7. If the scheduled payments agreed under the ReliaBill arrangement are not made (either dishonoured or the direct debit form is not received by the required date or agreement cannot be reached on the amount and frequency of a Customer’s ReliaBill payment), Frank Energy may, at our discretion, cancel the Customer’s ReliaBill arrangement.
8. The customer agrees that all payments will be made via Direct Debit or (at the discretion of Frank Energy) Credit Card. The Customer agrees that all payments, from the date of the loading of the Direct Debit or Credit Card authority, will be made via that method unless both parties agree otherwise.
9. Customers that have any ReliaBill payment dishonoured are liable for any dishonour fees Frank Energy set from time to time.
10. When a ReliaBill arrangement is cancelled for any reason, any outstanding debit balance must be paid in full within fourteen (14) days.
11. These ReliaBill terms and conditions are in addition to the Frank Energy standard terms and conditions that apply to the supply of energy that is paid for using ReliaBill. If there is any inconsistency between the ReliaBill terms and conditions and Frank Energy’s standard terms and conditions then the ReliaBill terms and conditions will prevail.
Last updated: 23 November 2021